Have you ever met someone and just been completely inspired by them? Well let me tell you about this little girl named, Faith, who I learned about the other day. She is only 6 years old and has already written and published two books! If that is not empowering and uplifting I do not know what is.
Being a teacher I get super excited when I hear about kids pursuing their dreams, especially from such a young age. So often kids feel like they cannot make an impact until they are adults because well, “they are just kids.”
That is so far from the truth. With drive and determination and the right people by your side helping you along the way, you can truly achieve anything that you put your mind to. Which is exactly what Faith did when she published her books, “Superhero Faith” and “Doctor Faith,” both are available on her website.
When I hear stories like this I often think about where do we get our inspirations from and how often do we actually take action on those inspirations. Having an inspiration is not enough, taking action on those inspirations is key. People who take action on their inspirations are the ones that will change the world with their determination and drive.
Taking action is key to making positive changes in the world and in your life. Sometimes people do not know where to start when they get inspired. Here are some tips to help you follow your inspirations:
- Identify your passions: Take some time to reflect on the things that truly ignite your enthusiasm and curiosity.
- Set clear goals: Get clear on what you want to achieve or create, and break it down into smaller, actionable steps.
- Seek inspiration from various sources: Read books, watch movies, listen to music, explore different art forms, engage with diverse cultures, and interact with people from various backgrounds. Inspiration can come from anywhere and happen anytime sometimes even when you wake up from a dream.
- Surround yourself with like-minded individuals: Connect with people who are pursuing their passions and aspirations because they will inspire you to follow yours.
- Embrace failure and learn from it: Understand that setbacks and failures are a natural part of the process. Instead of being discouraged, view them as learning opportunities. In the classroom we often talk about failing forward and how we actually learn more when we “fail” then when something is easy.
- Take action and stay committed: Break down your inspirations into actionable tasks, and make a habit of working on them regularly. Stay consistency and commitment is key to achieving your goals and following your inspirations.
- Embrace continuous learning: Never stop learning and expanding your knowledge.
- Trust your intuition: Learn to listen to your inner voice and trust your instincts. Trusting yourself can lead to remarkable discoveries and opportunities. We all have a 6th sense, follow it!
- Practice self-care: Even when you are dreaming big and going after you goals self-care activities are still super important. Things like exercise, meditation, play, getting enough sleep, and spending time doing things you enjoy still need to be on the priority list or you will get burnt out.
- Celebrate your progress: Celebrate each milestone along the way! Recognize the progress you’ve made, regardless of how small it may seem. Celebrating your achievements boosts your motivation and helps you stay commitment to following your inspirations.
Remember, your journey is unique to you, and there is no one-size-fits-all approach. Embrace your individuality, stay true to yourself, and enjoy the process of following your inspirations. What is it that you love to do? Do more of that! Then inspire others to do what they love to do and embrace and celebrate each other’s unique passions and strengths. I know that I was super inspired by Faith writing her books that it inspired me to write this blog hoping to help inspire others to take steps towards following their inspirations too.